photo NavFB_zpstmgsvike.png photo NavTwit_zpsyqklcxjz.png photo NavIG_zpsl2tt0clh.png photo NavPin_zpsxgguyz3w.png photo NavEM_zps886wsbxu.png

6.08.2016

Meet My Husband Jeremy



My husband Jeremy and I have been together for 15 years this July and married for 6 years and 8 months. He is my absolute best friend and I can't imagine walking through this life with anyone else by my side. We met when our small town schools consolidated in 2001 and got married October 10, 2009 in a small church in the middle of the country in between our two hometowns.

Jeremy is the greatest father to Brecken and Annabelle. He is a very hard worker and has been able to make it possible for me to be a full-time stay at home mom off of only his income.


Jeremy has been with the same company for 5 years and works as an operator at a corn processing plant where he helps produce fuel grade ethanol.

We are similar in some ways and polar opposites in others. Our biggest difference is that I am a naturally high strung and anxious person, and he is totally chill. I embarrassingly lean towards the negative, whereas he is very positive. It is my hope that our children take after Jeremy when it comes to his work ethic, sense of humor and roll-with-the-punches mentality.

It's funny because you marry someone when you are 22 after dating them since you were 14 and you really honestly have no idea what you are agreeing to. Am I right?! How in the world are you supposed to know that the person you are saying "I do" to today is the person you will want to lay your head down next to in 5, 25 and 50 years. I am blessed to say that Jeremy and I have grown up together nicely and I am so proud of the man he has become.



Let's get real for just a minute though and say that we have our disagreements. I have a honey do list that just keeps getting longer and you know he is thinking "honey don't". We are raising a 1 year old and a 3 year old and I am at home with the kids 99.9% of the time. There are days I've had not enough sleep, not enough coffee and not enough time to decompress before he comes in the door after working a 12 hour shift and things aren't always mason jars and lightening bugs.

But at the end of the day, there is always love. For me, for our kids and for the life we are working so hard to maintain.

Jeremy is a great man- and I am a blessed wife.

Random things about Jeremy:
-He loves the Price is Right and can explain how to play every single game. “It’s something to get excited about in the morning!”
-He is really good at dodgeball and has played (unprofessionally) on a league for over 10 years
-He is kind of obsessed with mowing our lawn
-He is really great at grilling steaks-actually he is the cook in the family
-He has owned 20 cars in his 31 years of life and is currently rebuilding a 1994 Mustang
-He enjoys popular radio music (94.1 Omaha station) and wearing plaid shorts

No comments:

Post a Comment