photo NavFB_zpstmgsvike.png photo NavTwit_zpsyqklcxjz.png photo NavIG_zpsl2tt0clh.png photo NavPin_zpsxgguyz3w.png photo NavEM_zps886wsbxu.png

8.01.2016

Patience and Gentleness


This week in church we discussed Colossians 3:12- “Therefore as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.” The pastor focused on the virtues patience and gentleness. I have been called a lot of things in my life, but patient and gentle most likely aren’t two of those things. I’m not proud of the fact that I lack patience and gentleness, those virtues just do not come naturally to me. But as the pastor said in church, not being born with the natural tendency to identify with these virtues, does not give me a right to not TRY to practice them.

Let me start by saying I have never been patient, but since becoming a stay at home mom, I am noticing that my patience runs out more than I am proud to admit. I have a 3.5 and a 1.5 year old, and many times it is hard for me to remember that they are only that old. I feel like Brecken and Annabelle have been in my life my entire life. It’s hard to remember what life was like without them. Because of this, it is hard for me to remember that sometimes children get muddy, and don’t listen, and don’t want to eat their dinner-but that doesn’t mean they are bad kids, they are just kids.

When explaining gentleness the pastor explained that Jesus loved with a sacrificial love-genuinely concerned for the best of those which he was loving. This really resonated with me because I do believe that I love my children and husband and care for their well-being more than mine own. But I do think I need to improve when it comes to being patient and gentle in my interactions with them. This week I encourage us all to focus on patience and gentleness in the interactions we have with our family, friends and coworkers.

Did you have a great church service this week that you want to share in order to encourage others? Or did you write a blog post regarding something that has been weighing on your heart lately? I would love to hear/read about it! Leave a link to your post in the comments section or tell me about it below.


4 comments:

  1. This is always SUCH a great reminder, no matter how many times I hear it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggle with patience as well! I think I have always been that way, and sometimes it definitely gets the best of me. Thank you for sharing this! I needed this reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel that you are very gentle, loving, and kind. Many of us need a constant reminder regarding the virtue of patience. God loves us anyway and so do our children! I love the way you remind us to focus on the way we interact with others and concentrate on being patient and gentle. Wonderfully stated!

    ReplyDelete