photo NavFB_zpstmgsvike.png photo NavTwit_zpsyqklcxjz.png photo NavIG_zpsl2tt0clh.png photo NavPin_zpsxgguyz3w.png photo NavEM_zps886wsbxu.png

7.12.2016

Frozen Fruit Cups



Frozen Fruit Cups have been a favorite of mine for as long as I can remember. My mom always made them when we were growing up and they were an easy snack or a special breakfast treat :) When I was pregnant with both Brecken and Annabelle I CRAVED these fruit cups. I honestly had a fruit cup almost every night before bed.

If you make ANY of the recipes I have posted thus far on my blog, this Frozen Fruit Cup recipe is the one I would recommend. They are super easy to make and a great summer treat.

Ingredients:
-6 ounce can of frozen lemonade
-6 ounce can of frozen orange juice
-8 ounce box of frozen strawberries
-16 ounces crushed pineapple (use juice)
-4 ounce jar of maraschino cherries
-2 bananas
-2 ½ cups water
-1 cup sugar

Additional supplies:
-small plastic cups
-tin foil

If you make the recipe like this it will make around 10 fruit cups ¾ of the way full. I typically double or triple the recipe just to have them on hand.


Thaw lemonade and orange juice and put into a large bowl. (I online shopped at Hyvee and accidentally got a bigger orange juice than lemonade. Follow instructions for proper ratios).

Cut strawberries into smaller pieces. I prefer bit sized. Add strawberry pieces to bowl.

Pour can of crushed pineapple along with juice into bowl.

I cut or tear the cherries in half and add them into bowl. You can use the juice if you want to, but I typically don’t.

Slice and halve bananas and add to bowl.


Pour 2 ½ cups water into bowl.

Add 1 cup of sugar.


Stir until it is mixed evenly.

Ladle into plastic cups until the cup is around ¾ of the way full.

Cover with tin foil and I typically write the date on the top.


Put in freezer and let fully freeze.

You really can't go wrong with these Frozen Fruit Cups. Children love them, adults love them, they have fruit in them so they can't be that bad for you. It's really just a win/win all around!




1 comment:

  1. These are so yummy! I sure wish I had one this morning with a nice cup of coffee.
    Thank you for sharing this great summer recipe!

    ReplyDelete