photo NavFB_zpstmgsvike.png photo NavTwit_zpsyqklcxjz.png photo NavIG_zpsl2tt0clh.png photo NavPin_zpsxgguyz3w.png photo NavEM_zps886wsbxu.png

4.18.2020

Look Up, Keep Walking


I remember when I was in my third trimester with my first baby. And I just decided one day that I wasn’t interested in going through this whole delivery thing. I still wanted a baby, don’t get me wrong, but the delivery- no thanks, I wasn’t into the idea. But turns out you don’t really have a choice in that matter, and after 27 hours of labor, 3 hours of pushing, and an unexpected c-section, I held Brecken Liam and we all lived through it.
I woke up with that same feeling this week. Coronavirus, no thanks, not interested. I don’t want to live in this reality anymore. Once again, turns out, that’s not an option. So I took my dog on a walk today. She recently had 6 puppies so I felt like us mamas needed a break. We approached this sign “NO OUTLET” on the gravel road we were walking, and I thought- yep, life feels a little like this right now. There’s no way out of this thing. So we just have to bow our heads and walk right through it I suppose.
And I’m not saying this to be negative or depressing. Because I know I sure don’t want to go down that rabbit hole. But I think it’s important to recognize our feelings, allow ourselves to feel them deeply, but just not camp there too long. It’s ok to feel anxious, scared, frustrated and lonely. But it’s also important to look up, and keep walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment